I Międzynarodowa Konferencja Naukowa
24-25 października 2019
Studium Języków Obcych, Wojskowa Akademia Techniczna, Warszawa
JĘZYK - BEZPIECZEŃSTWO - TECHNOLOGIA
1st International Conference
Language – Security – Technology
Foreign Languages in NATO’s security system
24-25 October, 2019
Language Centre, Military University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
The processes of globalization in the modern world pose serious challenges to international security, thus democratic countries and international entities such as NATO or the European Union need to cooperate closely in order to ensure internal and external security. Arguably, such efforts depend crucially on effective communication between allies at all levels of cooperation. The issue of linguistic competence and foreign language policy play an important role in NATO and the European Union.
The purpose of the conference is to share knowledge and experience, discuss and present recent research in the following areas: security, e-learning and new technologies, effectiveness of teaching students in compliance with STANAG 6001, and internationalization of educational processes.
- Providing security in the contemporary world.
- Challenges in the process of teaching foreign languages to disposition groups.
- New technologies in teaching foreign languages in the context of defense.
- New technologies and the effectiveness of security measures.
- The role of learning foreign languages in the internationalization of educational processes.
JM Rektor-Komendant WAT
gen. bryg. dr hab. inż. Tadeusz Szczurek, prof. WAT